From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baumer camera slow to open session

I have Baymer PXU-120M.Q camera, but it is very slow to establish a session. MAX finds the camera and puts it on the list but every time it is selected in MAX or every time a vi opens a session to it, the delay is about 20-30 seconds. Once the session is opened the camera can be triggered and read just fine. Is there some configuration problem that could cause this delay? LabVIEW 2014

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,701 Views)

there is a vi icon to find camera information try to use to find information about the camera and try to use them in imaqdx property node to fix this problem 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,607 Views)

Sorry, I didn't get you. It will be good if you can post the small example code of what you are trying to tell.

I am using the Grab.vi example code of LabVIEW the first vi IMAQdx open camera.vi is taking 30seconds to execute and the rest is normal.

Capture1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,585 Views)

Can someone suggest me sollution to the problem mentioned?

I would appreciate any suggestions.....

Regards

A_SK

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,434 Views)
what about the max test does it work normal?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,430 Views)

Thaks for the immediate reply....

In even NI MAX also camera takes 30seconds to open the camera.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,426 Views)
ok try to repair your max and also
Imaq tool kit
if not yet fix
problem is based on max interface file to connect to camera
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,424 Views)

I have updated the IMAQdx and NI MAX to latest version, but still the problem exists. Is there any way i can control the interface file to connect to camera in NI MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,416 Views)
before you try to do that it is better ask people who use this camera if they have a same problem
also it is better to test your camera in other computer with other labview too
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,411 Views)

It will be good if anyone from NI Vision team answer to this question. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,357 Views)