Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baumer Camera not connect to cRIO

Hello Guys,

I am trying to connect my gigaE camera from Baumer with cRIO 9022 via ethernet port but I can not discover the camera in MAX. I also tried to connect the camera directly to PC and it works fine. I checked for the IMAQdx drivers on my cRIO and they are properly installed. 

Secondly, I also tried to connect to the USB port of cRIO (with ethernet to USB 3 converter) but still I can not see the camera in my MAX device list.

Please suggest some possible solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,535 Views)
do you have
NI IMAQdx 4.3.5 or later?
if you have this toolkit
your max must recognize this camera
also check this link it could be helpful
http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5750/en/#toc2
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,511 Views)

Thankyou for the reply,

Yes, I have NI IMAQdx version 16.0.0, but the problem which I feel is that I have IP camera support and USB camera support under this toolkit but, my camera is gigaE vision camera and there are no packages in driver which support this type.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,510 Views)
I check cRIO-9022 manual I could not find any document that this crio support gige or usb camera !!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,505 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,504 Views)
also I find this discussion about
cRIO-9068 in forum
http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/GigE-vision-on-NI-cRIO-9068/td-p/2921830
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,502 Views)

I find it as a compatibilty Issue between the camera and cRIO type. 

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,496 Views)

Yes, the ARM and PPC-based cRIOs don't support GigE Vision--only the ones with Intel processors do today. Your best bet with those lower-speed cRIOs is to look at USB3 Vision cameras. As long as they can run at USB 2.0 speeds and run within the power requirements of the USB port (or take external power), they will run on any cRIO with a USB port.

Eric

Message 8 of 8
(3,479 Views)