Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler icd file

Can anyone help by providing Camera icd file for Basler Sprint spL 4096-140k line scan camera? We are using PCIe 1429 Frame Grabber. Thanks.

Shahid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,696 Views)

In case if icd file not provided by NI, then you can try to create it yourself with NI Camera File Generator

Andrey. 

Message Edited by Andréy Dmitriev on 08-27-2009 11:45 AM
Message 2 of 9
(5,673 Views)

Hi Shahid,

Unfortunately we do not have an ICD file for that particular camera.  We have one for the Sprint spL 4096-70k.  It ishere:

Basler Vision Technologies SpL4096-70k (Sprint)

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nipc.product?pid=8193&asid=1102

You also might try contacting Basler to see if they might be able to provide you with an ICD file.

Take a look at the following link for acquiring camera files:

What is a Camera File, Do I Need One, and How Can I Obtain One?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05DCE3868362783586256FC8004F123C?OpenDocument

That link provides you with all of your options for getting your ICD files.

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
Message 3 of 9
(5,665 Views)

Hi Nick and Andrey,

Thanks for the reply. But I can't create the required icd file yet. Actually I am very new to work with the Basler camera, so may be I am missing something everytime I am trying. Here is what I've tried so far:

1. I have edited the camera file I have now (spl4096-70k) in notepad and saved it as a new .icd file. with that file, in MAX I can see some images but they dont look right. And also the grabbed image does not change at all when we change the position of some specific optics in our system (OCT) which is supposed to happen (We have another system with two Goodrich Camera and they are working fine). 

2. I have tried to generate a camera file using NI generator but I am stuck in the acquistion setup step. If there is any document on procedures for creating camera file, that will be helpful.

So, this is what I have tried so far. Really appreciate some advise. Thanks.

Shahid

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,639 Views)

Hi Shahid,

There is no walk through for creating a camera file with the camera file generator, but there is an extensive help file that comes with it.  Read through the help and see if you can find the source of your problem.  Where are you getting stuck?  Have you tried contacting Basler?  It is quite possible that they have an ICD file for it.

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,629 Views)

Hello Jontu,

it is not feasible to import someone else's configuration file even for the same camera for the following reasons:

• Lens used could make a drastic change in setting such as illumination and brightness configuration.
  • Application type as you may set camera to inspect a product. This setting may not fit to another application.
  • Illumination that you use with your camera could affect the setting in a way beyond your expectations ( I suffered from this already)

So, it is better to open MAX and set your camera attributes based on actual hardware settting.

have a lovely day 

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

Message 6 of 9
(5,615 Views)

Dear Shahid,

I have some experience with working with the Sprint and PCIe-1429.  If you would like to walk through the set up process with me, I can be reached at 512-416-1099 x101 between 9 and 5 CST or email your contact information to me at eastlund@graftek.com.

-Robert

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,581 Views)

Hi!

We have the same situation and we emailed Blaster for this.

According to Blaster, the spl4096-140k camera should work with the spl4096-70k icd file provided by NI

I hope this helps. I have not tried yet so if anyone else knows the results, please let me know.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,493 Views)

Hi All,

Our system is now working fine. Thank all of you for the replies.

@ Robert, thanks for your contact information and I will knock you whenever I will face any problems with the Sprint and PCIe1429 card.

@ Bluestorm: I have the icd file for 140k now but it will not work if you dont configure the cameras in CCT (camera config tool). If you are having problems, you can email me at shahidbuet53@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Shahid

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,388 Views)