Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler acA2500 not loading correctly into Vision

I have a acA2500-14uc Basler Ace USB3.0 that I'm using along with PXI-8135 controller. The camera works correctly in pylon viewer, but Vision assistant only lets me select 'Basler Generic' which only does monochrome and lacks many settings.

Before I updated vision through the internet, it was working correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,758 Views)

The "Basler Generic" entry is Basler's DirectShow interface that Pylon [optionally] installs.

Lets go back a bit - can you try it in MAX and see if it works there? What version of IMAQdx does it list as installed? What version of Vision and Vision Assistant do you have installed?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,747 Views)

Before I saw your message, I uninstalled the camera from the Device Manager (which was identifying as a Basler Camera), and unistalled the pylon software. I replugged the camera back in and it installed as a NI Vision USB3 device. I checked in MAX and it ID'd correctly as the acA2500-14uc and had all of the same settings and ranges as the Basler pylon options. It is also working correctly in Vision Assistant now.

Is there any advantages to installing the Basler software package and using the Basler ID drivers? If not, this seems ok and I'd rather not try to mess around with driver conflict problems. My intent is to really only use this camera within LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,723 Views)

There is no advantage unless you just want to use the Pylon driver. If you are using LabVIEW, then the Vision Acquisition Software is the way to go.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,713 Views)