From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler USB3 Vision Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have a Basler acA4600-10uc camera. It has USB3 Vision interface. I'm having problem on snapping/grabbing frames on NI MAX.

I installed the IMAQdx drivers, and the camera can be seen with IMAQdx driver under Device Manager.

When I open the MAX, I can snap 1 frame with this camera. When I try to snap a second image or grab, gives a timeout error. After that if I try to change camera attributes, gives USB3 Vision error. I couldn't understand what the problem is.

It's working fine on my laptop(workstation) but it doesn't work on my desktop.

System specifications:

- Motherboard: GA H67MA USB3 B3

- Intel core i5, 2.8 GHz

- Etron USB 3.0

- VAS 2015_02

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,199 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevincom
Hi,

I would guess that it is the Etron USB3 XHCI controller that is the issue. Some of the earlier controllers (like this one) have lots of issues with new devices.

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,179 Views)
-Are you capturing with external triggering or software triggering?
-Are you getting first image properly? is it repeating everytime?
-Did you try increasing timeout and check?
-What parameters you changed for camera and what error you got?(If possible post screenshots of errors)
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,160 Views)

I think the same way as Eric, the Etron card is the problem, but I can not be sure of it.

I'm using it with software triggering. It is generally taking the first image properly, but it is not always the case. Sometimes, it does not take even the first frame when I pull and plug again the USB3 cable. I tried to increase the timeout, changing the data format (8bit,12bit, YUV, Mono etc.) and other possible camera and acquisition paramaters but it didn't worked out. Also I have got 4-5 different types of errors until now.

So, all of these are indicating for me that USB3 controller is the problem. Also I learnt that Basler USB3 Vision cameras didn't worked with one of the models of Etron in acquisition tests.

Thank you for your helps. I will be waiting for a few days to see if anyone has encountered with same situation. After that I will mark this topic as solved. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,150 Views)