Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode,select type automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, actually i am thinking that whether we can make a VI that will decode a barcode without user to select the type of barcode... given that with the condition that  the user doesnt know the type of the barcode.....

And this is the example of the 1D barcode reader, provided by the NI....

barcode.png

So, i am thinking that using a for loop to run through each type of the barcode, since there is an enum... then there must be a correct output while the others will result in errors..... 

But i just dont know how to show the correct type of the data without any errors happen....

Can someone tell me how to do or you do have any better way to realize this process?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author polipoloi

put the barcode vi in a FOR LOOP, and output the error cluster as an array.  Then you can read the Error bolean to figure out which index value has the correct result.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Message 2 of 4
(4,323 Views)

Barcode has been widely used in manufacture industry for product tracking and management. In recently years, the application of linear and 2d barcode has been extended to the field of document image acquisition and management. And for most modern document management system, an efficient barcode generating and barcode reading solution becomes increasingly important. There are many linear and 2D barcode types for you to choose from, such as Code 128, PLANET, PDF-417, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,216 Views)

Hello sir

i saw your coding . it is similar like mine. but i am having a problem.

Instead of having TP022216 

i am getting TP02221

wHY AM I enable to get the value of 6

Secondly sir, i dnt understand how you make the rectangle ROI? how did u knew about the cordinates.

For the ROI, i did manually

Please help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,962 Views)