Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to adjust the weight of an IMAQ Overlay Point and IMAQ Overlay Line?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any way to adjust the weight of an IMAQ Overlay Point?  I find it odd that this is not an option.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,602 Views)

could you explain more what is your means about the wait could you attached some image or file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,590 Views)

could you explain more what is your means about the wait could you attach some image or file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by altran

If you mean you want a larger "dot" or a larger line, then as it takes a bit of work because this option is not built in.

Instead of using the point overlay, use the the oval and then you can set the radius want. or you can draw two lines (a vertical and an horizontal one) that cross at your point's coordinates.

I know... It's a bit ugly but that's all I have in stock.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 10
(4,582 Views)

if your means is what Dear TiTou told I have to tell you some strange thing unfortunately labview overlay is not user-friendly enough yet but in different version from lv 8.5 up to lv 2014 overlay icons change and strangely during there change they loose some feature and gain some advantage too so it is better to have all overlay vis at least from lv2011 up to 2012 for dot what TiTou told is true but for line you can use IMAQ Overlay Multiple Lines 2 VI it exisxt in lv 2011 and lv 2014 but as i remember you can not find it in lv2012 and 2013 in this vi you can wire width to vi instead in lv 2012 we have MAQ Overlay Multiple Lines VI that do not have such icon to wire but instead you can make a close shape by MAQ Overlay Multiple Lines VI and color inside it the thing that MAQ Overlay Multiple Lines 2 VI do not support and make error also try to make some overlay shape for your self like arrows shapes logo and so on I made plenty of them for my work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,573 Views)

Hatef,

I mean no offense but it's a bit hard to read understand what you are saying.

I think making sentences, paragraph and jumping lines would make your message clearer.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,571 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Hatef,

I mean no offense but it's a bit hard to read understand what you are saying.

I think making sentences, paragraph and jumping lines would make your message clearer.

ohh sorry I watch back to my post and I find out that some of my worlds are eliminate ?!!!
I try to fix it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,569 Views)

Sorry for my bad english

it is not my first language. I try to make sentance more clear, but if it is still vague telll me I try make some example for them 

here you are 

If your means is what Dear TiTou told,  unfortunately labview overlay is not user-friendly enough, also in different version from lv 8.5 up to lv 2014 
overlay vis change  and  they loose some feature and gain some advantage too 
so it is better to have all overlay vis at least from lv2011 overlay vi up to 2014 one
At the end for answer I have to say for dot overlay  what TiTou told is true but for line you can use IMAQ Overlay Multiple Lines 2 VI  you can find this vi in lv 2011 and lv 2014
but as I remember you can not find it in lv2012 and 2013. in this vi you can find the terminal to wire width to this vi instead of this vi  in lv 2012 and lv 2013 we have MAQ Overlay Multiple Lines VI that do not have such terminal to wire but instead you can make a close shape by MAQ Overlay Multiple Lines VI and color inside it ,the feature  that IMAQ Overlay Multiple Lines 2 VI do not support and make error.

also try to make some overlay shape for your self like arrows ,shapes, logo, and so on. I made plenty of them for my work

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,561 Views)

Thanks, I figured it wasn't a simple and clean solution, which is extremely odd.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,547 Views)

As I mention before you can use IMAQ Overlay Multiple Lines 2 for make dot and line bigger see this example
it is simple do not think that you need make larg code for your goal
just test bellow vi in LV2014

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,515 Views)