Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting an offset bug with Golden Template in Vision Assistant?

Just out of curiosity, if it is just my machine, or a general little bug. I am using VA 2013, but this behaviour might exist in other versions, too.

Here's the steps to reproduce the problem:

I create a script that does Golden Template Matching. I create a new template with the image that is currently open. Naturally, I get zero errors, because I'm checking something against itself, and it's perfectly aligned.

I keep that step (Golden Template Setup -> Alignment) open, do NOT proceed to the next processing step.

Instead, I minimise the window, and go to a meeting. Or do something else. 

Half an hour later, the image (alignment) has drifted. (Center X, Center Y). Longer waiting time, more drift..

It's not a problem per se, however, I kind of worry that there is some memory error / rounding issue in there that might affect long term performance.. Similar observations? Explanations?

--bp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,556 Views)

Hi bp,

Thanks for reporting this. I believe what is happening is that Vision Assistant is looking for a keypress even when the application is out of focus, so when you minimize without finishing the configuration and press an arrow key on your keyboard in another application, the center gets shifted. I have filed Corrective Action Request (CAR) 492959, and you can check the future release notes for this number as an indication that the issue has been officially resolved. Unfortunately, the workaround for the time being is to make sure to hit OK before minimizing. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,526 Views)

No problem, thanks for clearing up that it is probably something harmless.

--bp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,520 Views)