From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Success/Failure/Tips Getting GigE FLIR Camera into LabVIEW with .NET API?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I've been trying to integrate a FLIR SC6700 camera into LabVIEW.  FLIR's GenICam attributes don't support the level of automation I require, and FLIR has no plans to update the camera's firmware, so I'm using FLIR's SDK.

The SDK ships with a .NET 4 API.  I added .NET 4.0 support to LabVIEW.  I can load a tc.cam.net.Camera object.  I can load the camera information file.  The Connect method immediately returns FALSE.  I've waited on the isConnected() method for a few minutes with no luck.  There are no run-time errors from these nodes.

FLIR back-saved the .NET 4 API into CLR 2, and I have the same results against those dlls.

I can connect to the camera in FLIR's ExaminIR x86 software.

I can run the C# .NET 4.0 example program in Visual Studio and connect to the camera.

I've disabled all network interfaces except the direct connection to the camera, and tried with IPV6 disabled.

I've stopped T3Mon.exe and T3Srv.exe processes and disabled the Windows firewall.

I've tried with Jumbo packets enabled and disabled.

I'm hoping for any "been there done that" type of replies, even if they're bad news.  I'll buy a case of beer (or root beer) for the first tip that gets LabVIEW connected to the camera via .NET (preferably 3.5).

Thank you!

Steve K

Windows 7

LabVIEW 2011 SP1

VS 2008, 2010, 2012 Express Editions

Intel 82579LM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,696 Views)

Hi Pie,

The specs for the 6700 mention that the device is GigE Vision compliant. Are you able to see the camera in MAX?

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your .NET installation, as you can connect to the camera in C#.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,661 Views)

Hi Burrito,

MAX enumerates the camera and its attributes.  The camera doesn't include attributes for some of the things we need to automate, (e.g. temperature and NUC) which is why we need to leverage the .NET or C++ API.  Lately I've been unable to Snap the camera in MAX without error xBFF69031 (did not receive a test packet).  However, I have seen this camera snap in MAX before.  I've also been unable to connect to the camera with NI's IMAQdx 4.1 API, I get error -1074360316 trying to read camera attributes from cam0.  The behavior seems flakey.  I can delete the camera from MAX and the IMAQdx Data folder from disk, then rediscover the camera and NI software recreates the data folder.  However, neither MAX nor LabVIEW will snap, and the camera compatibility tester fails trying to acquire test images.

Thanks for taking a look,

Steve K

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,654 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve been made aware that you are currently working on this issue with our support team; for that reason I will give others the opportunity to post here if they have been successful in implementing a similar configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pie566942.0

Hello All,

The resolution in my case (trial and error) was to put FLIR's entire .NET SDK DLL library in the same folder on disk as the VI calling the API.  Success was deterministically dependent on this, i.e. some methods would work and others wouldn't if the DLLs were in a subfolder of the LabVIEW project.  I bet this would work for the .NET 4 API.  Now that it's working, it's unnecessary to disable other network interfaces, it's unnecessary to stop the FLIR processes, jumbo packets are disabled, and the firewall is enabled.

Best,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,590 Views)

Guys

I just want to grab raw data from a FLIR SC6700. I do my own NUC and gain correction with a black body through LV. Can I capture raw image counts without the SDK?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,121 Views)