Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amscope MU1403 USB camera connect

Hi, I am trying to use Amscope MU1403 USB3.0 camera with labview vision.

I am trying to install imaqdx driver after uninstall the imaging devices driver from original one.

But it just kept showing error..

and if I click on Toupcam "cam0" on MAX, it just close MAX right away.

any help please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,978 Views)

Try changing the driver in Device Manager.  Right click it -> Update Driver Software -> Browse My Computer -> Pick from list.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,895 Views)

I tried..it does not let me install the driver...

I installed all required labview software like screenshot, and I also installed directshow driver as well..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,885 Views)

Do you have multiple cameras in your system?  I was assuming the thing under "Imaging Devices" was your camera.  Try changing the driver there. 

camdriver.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,869 Views)

I don't believe that camera is a "USB3 Vision" camera, thus it won't work properly associating with the IMAQdx U3V driver. I assume you had to force the driver association and ignore the Windows pop-ups that warned you not to do so?

That camera likely only works in IMAQdx via its own DirectShow drivers. It sounds like those drivers crash when IMAQdx tries to open the camera in MAX. There's really not much you can do but work with the vendor to see if they have updated drivers that may fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,817 Views)

Hi, I emailed vendor about it, but they didnt help at all.

I don't even see ImaQdx device in MAX when I click Devices and Interface. Instead, I can just see Toupcam "cam0", and if I click that one, it just gives me error sign and crashes MAX. 

I also installed Directshow driver provided from camera company.

Anyway, Am I supposed to see USB camera under Imaging devices in device manager if I want to use it in labview or it should be under other place.

Please see the attachment

and also in second screenshot, do I have to do something about niu3v.dll file?

Could you please help me?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,802 Views)

The way you have the driver setup is correct. The vendor driver simply seems to be buggy with IMAQdx, and unfortunately it would likely need help from the vendor to fix.

As an alternative, you may want to consider something like this camera:

https://www.baslerweb.com/en/products/cameras/discover-the-microscopy-powerpack/

These have a standard USB3 Vision interface and thus should work natively with IMAQdx.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,796 Views)

Does it mean all USB camera using DirectShow driver will not work on my computer?

I am trying to return this camera, and buy one from Motic.

I emailed them, and 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you install MIDSDevices (DirectShow driver), it will show up in LabView as a Motic DSCam.

http://ws.motic.com/EN/MIDSDevices.zip

Thanks,

Justin Lee

Technical Support

justin@motic-america.com

Motic Instruments Inc.

130-4611 Viking Way

Richmond, BC, V6V 2K9 Canada

Tel: 604-303-9033 ext: 103

Fax: 604-303-9043

Toll Free: 1-877-977-4717 ext: 103

Technical Support: 1-877-901-4141

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I got...so I guess this should work. But I just want to make sure it is my computer's fault or Directshow Driver from Amscope MU1403 USB Camera

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,785 Views)

We expect all DirectShow cameras to be able to work with Vision Acquisition drivers.  Rarely, we find some cameras that just don't work in our software, and it's up to the camera vendor to fix the issues.  Trying a different brand is usually the best option in cases like this. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,772 Views)