Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire 2D image from Line Scan Camera

Hi all,

I am setting up a line scan camera with PCIE1433 and CameraLink interface. The line scan camera is a 4096 line, and after settling up I was able to show  the continuous single line inside the NI MAX. I can set the camera file parameter to change picture height to 1000, 100, 1 according to what i want, and here are some interesting questions as follow: If I set the picture height to 100, does that means right now I am acquiring 100 lines and displaying it as a 4096*100 frame? Another question is: Let's say the line scan camera has line rate at 1k and I set as 100 lines for heights on the MAX, does that mean the frame rate become 10?

Thank you for the replay,

Louis   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,109 Views)

You are correct on both.  100 lines creates a 4096*100 frame, and would make the frame rate 10 fps if the line rate is 1000. (1000/100 = 10).

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,098 Views)
Hmm thats interesting. Lets say if i want relatively bigger picture height like 8000 with 1k line rate and i want to grab a frame of it, thus i have to wait for 8 seconds for a single frame. I tried to add frame timeout to greater than 8 second at MAX but for some reason if the frame rate becomes a such smaller number the MAX will not response...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,092 Views)

In this case, I would acquire frames no larger than 1000 lines to avoid timeout issues.  You can always combine multiple images into a single image after the acquisition. This also gives you the option to cancel the acquisition before the entire thing completes.  Eight seconds is a very long time to wait for an acquisition.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,066 Views)