From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI Video frames

I am trying to output the avi video, one frame at a time. But I am only getting the last image. I am attaching my code. It is a one part of my big project. Can somebody help me in debugging my code and guide me how I can fix the above mentioned issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,128 Views)

your VI "Init data transmission" works fine on its own to read an AVI file and display frame per frame. I don't really understand the main VI... Why are you integration an FGV?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,120 Views)

As I already mentioned it is part of big project. Please see this post. I am trying to tranmit AVI video between NI-USRPs. The modulation part of my code is fine and does not have any problem. But I have problem in my code where I am reading avi video and converting it in to bits. It only outputs last image so the code that is creating the images needs to be debugged. 

So that is why I am using FGV. Can you please guide me how to fix this problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,115 Views)

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,095 Views)

hope this helps

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,094 Views)

Many thanks for your reply and guide but If you look at this post the first code which I attached in that post has similar thing which you explained in your video. I also did not use any FGV in that code.  But the thing is that with my main USRP code after getting output array of the avi video when I am enqueueue elements in another for loop I do not get any data there until the avi video for loop finishes. When avi video file for loop finishes I only get the last frame array elements for enqueue element vi. So that is my problem. I hope you understand it now better what exactly the problem is. If you can guide me how to fix this issue I would be really glad.

Many thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,083 Views)

Did you look at my last post. Do you any suggestions how can I fix this issue. Many thanks once again for your guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,042 Views)

By the way I edited my code. I am attaching the new code. It works but only partially. It reads only few frames of avi video and generate output array and also enqueue the elements properly but after few frames it stops can you please have a look at it and guide me how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,026 Views)

you set a max queue size at 1000 elements, as noone is emptying the queue, when it is full the enqueue primitive is blocking your code.

hope this helps

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,008 Views)