Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8-Tap FPGA Centroiding

Hi,

I successfully converted the 1-Tap  Frame Trigger example to use with an 8-Tap Camera.  Now I am trying to do the same with the 1-Tap 8-Bit Centroiding example, but I am stuck.  Has anyone successfully converted the 1-Tap Centroiding example to use with a 8-tap Camera (or with any multi tap camera)?  

P.S.  I want the the centroid processing to be done on the FPGA and not the host.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,302 Views)

Hi altran,

What steps have you taken so far to try to use the 1-tap 8 bit centroid example? Where are you stuck?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,192 Views)

Hi Robert,

I tried to copy the 1-Tap Centroiding and "arrange" it for an 8-Tap Centroiding, but the Centroiding FPGA VI in the 1-Tap supports only 1 Pixel at a time.  I am not sure how I would proceed to process 8 pixels at a time as opposed to 1 pixel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,186 Views)

Are you able to configure your camera to 1 tap and then use the VI? To my understanding, you can either change the camera mode to 1 tap and try to use the VI or you would need to write some new FPGA code to use the 8 tap.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,146 Views)

Hi Robert,

Yes, I have been able to use 1-Tap mode.  My question is if there is anyone that could help me convert the 1-Tap VI Centroid to use with an 8-Tap camera.  I am having issues trying to process 8 parallel pixels as opposed to 1 pixel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,139 Views)

I see. I have never done it personally, but I found this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EA1727D8D620B81F8625797B0072257C You may have already seen it but it describes how to change a different example from 1tap to 2 tap configuration. Is that helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,099 Views)

Yes, I've seen that. 

The problem is that in the example, the Centroiding VI is capable of only processing 1 pixel at a time.  I was hoping that there was somebody who was successful in converting this to a multi tap centroid.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,095 Views)

As part of VDM 2016 offering you can call into a 8 tap Centroid on FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,166 Views)