From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8-Tap FPGA Centroiding

Hi,

I successfully converted the 1-Tap  Frame Trigger example to use with an 8-Tap Camera.  Now I am trying to do the same with the 1-Tap 8-Bit Centroiding example, but I am stuck.  Has anyone successfully converted the 1-Tap Centroiding example to use with a 8-tap Camera (or with any multi tap camera)?  

P.S.  I want the the centroid processing to be done on the FPGA and not the host.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,333 Views)

Hi altran,

What steps have you taken so far to try to use the 1-tap 8 bit centroid example? Where are you stuck?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,223 Views)

Hi Robert,

I tried to copy the 1-Tap Centroiding and "arrange" it for an 8-Tap Centroiding, but the Centroiding FPGA VI in the 1-Tap supports only 1 Pixel at a time.  I am not sure how I would proceed to process 8 pixels at a time as opposed to 1 pixel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,217 Views)

Are you able to configure your camera to 1 tap and then use the VI? To my understanding, you can either change the camera mode to 1 tap and try to use the VI or you would need to write some new FPGA code to use the 8 tap.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,177 Views)

Hi Robert,

Yes, I have been able to use 1-Tap mode.  My question is if there is anyone that could help me convert the 1-Tap VI Centroid to use with an 8-Tap camera.  I am having issues trying to process 8 parallel pixels as opposed to 1 pixel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,170 Views)

I see. I have never done it personally, but I found this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EA1727D8D620B81F8625797B0072257C You may have already seen it but it describes how to change a different example from 1tap to 2 tap configuration. Is that helpful?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,130 Views)

Yes, I've seen that. 

The problem is that in the example, the Centroiding VI is capable of only processing 1 pixel at a time.  I was hoping that there was somebody who was successful in converting this to a multi tap centroid.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,126 Views)

As part of VDM 2016 offering you can call into a 8 tap Centroid on FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,197 Views)