Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D barcode reader how to get suggest value

hi,

i am using labview 2015 and vision assistant 2015.i try get all setting what are all show in vision assiatant but i can't able to get suggest value button  functionallty.

when i click in Vision assiatant this button it automatically adjust the settings value. but when i convert into vi.this button option not showing.how can i use this button in vi code.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,933 Views)

I have looked at this function and could not find it as you already mentioned. I believe there is a loop running on Vision Assistant, which tries values and suggests fastest parameters. So, if someone share the algorithm behind that, we can create such a function.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,897 Views)

hi,

me also think same.how to run the loop and which are the parameter can i increment ,decrement.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,889 Views)

Here is some code that can be used to suggest datamatrix parameters, similar to what Vision Assistant is doing behind the suggest values button. I am attaching a zip file that contains 2 VIs. The main VI you want to use is "Data Matrix Suggest Values.vi".

Hope this helps. Let me know if that works for you.

Christophe

Message 4 of 7
(3,856 Views)

Hi Christophe,

I came across your VI posted for Data matrix suggest values. But I am getting an error constantly when I pass my image and ROI.

Error -1074395635 occurred at IMAQ Read Data Matrix Barcode 2m

IMAQ Vision:  The passed shape descriptor is invalid. 

the ROI being passed is a rectangle. I have 34 barcodes in a single image and trying to decode them all. 

I need a solution for this very badly. Appreciate your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,371 Views)

Hi..anyone who can suggest a solution for this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,349 Views)

Hi, I just got this error like you when I tried to inspect a DataMatrix Code: the passed shape descriptor is invalid. 

On the Barcode Size Option, I reduced the minimum size of the bacode to 0 and the maximum to 1000.

Good luck

emual08_0-1586110495628.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,262 Views)