Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xbff60136 error using Basler acA2040 180kc camera

Hello,

I'm using Basler aca2040-180kc camera nad NI PXIe 1435. I connected the camera to the computer via PoCL (SDR to SDR) cable. When i used two cables the camera worked fine, but when i want to run it in base mode, using just one cable i get an error 0xbff60136: Cannot detect recognizable video source.

Im using LabView 2011 SP1, 

IMAQ 4.7

Could anyone give me any hint on what might be causing this error and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,303 Views)

I have a feeling that the camera is not getting enough power. Do you have a power supply for the camera? Try using that instead of doing PoCL. I believe you need both cables to power the camera using PoCL. Also, make sure the Pylon software is not being used when trying to communicate with NI software.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,262 Views)

I've been struggling with this for 2 days now, and i figured out that the problem is in  .ICD file which seems to be configured to use the camera in FULL mode, while i need it to work in BASE mode. The camera worked when i used .icd for Basler avA1000-120kc but it lacks some camera atributes. Unfortunatelly, i don't know how to change the acA2040-180kc icd to make it work in BASE mode 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,259 Views)

I've been struggling with this for 2 days now, and i figured out that the problem is in  .ICD file which seems to be configured to use the camera in FULL mode, while i need it to work in BASE mode. The camera worked when i used .icd for Basler avA1000-120kc but it lacks some camera atributes. Unfortunatelly, i don't know how to change the acA2040-180kc icd to make it work in BASE mode 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,258 Views)

Did you try what I suggested? I've never tried making the camera work in base mode; so I'm not sure if it will.

Best thing for you to do is to contact Basler's support. They respond quickly.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,255 Views)

I don't have the possibility to try powering the camera from an external source, i don't have the cable. I had the same problem before I installed pylon software, so i guess it's not the issue.

I took your advice and contacted basler support, im waiting for their response. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,252 Views)

Great, please be sure to post the response here. I'm very sure that it's a power issue, and that you need a power supply if you're are not using both camera link cables.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,250 Views)