MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does "***F*** option error" mean

output when using the sim command. sim model works fine on unix 5.5.1 and matrixx 61.3 but fails on unix 5.8 and matrixx 63.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,967 Views)
Can you provide some more information on what you are doing? What is the full sim command (parameters and keywords) that you are executing? Do you get the error with all models or just a specific model?

Carl L
National Instruments
www.ni.com/matrixx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,967 Views)
thanks for the response.
we have got around the problem by working out how to recompile our model for matrix_x 63.2
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,967 Views)
As I mentioned in another thread, I work for a company that builds driver training simulators for trains.  We use MatrixX/SystemBuild (v62.2) to build the train models.

I have basically come to accept that the Interactive Simulator will produce the error "***F*** option error" at some point in every simulation - it's not a question of whether it will crash but when.  The problem seems to be exacerbated by moving animation controls (as found in the 'Animation Palette') or navigating the model while the simulation is running (not paused).  I think it's possible that the simulation will not crash if no buttons are pressed while simulating (including the pause button), but then there's no point in the simulation being interactive if you can't interact with it.

I usually run my simulations from the SuperBlock window (by pressing the green triangular play button) and entering [0:0.1:1000]' as the time vector and selecting the Interactive check box to run the following command;

sim("TestBlock",{time=[0:0.1:1000]',interact=1})

I have also written a script just to test if there's any problem with the command produced by the interactive window;

sim("TestBlock",{time=[0:0.1:1000]',interact=1, simmessage = 0})

However, both of these will produce "***F*** option error"

Is this a general problem with the version of MatrixX that I'm running, or is it more likely to be something specific about our models?  Does anyone know what causes this error and/or any solutions to the problem?

In response to Carl's question (even though I wasn't involved in the original discussion), the error seems to occur on all of the models that I have worked on, however none of our models are built from scratch - they are always an adaptation of older models, so there may be some common component(s) that cause the error in all models.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(10,002 Views)
The ***F*** error can occur when UCB's are compiled with a compiler version that is not supported anymore in the used MATRIXx version. Recompiling with a more recent compiler will fix the problem.

The error described by Rohan looks a lot like something we have fixed in more recent versions of MATRIXx although it is hard to tell without more detailed information.

By the way: version 6.2.2 predates NI's ownership of MATRIXx and as such is a non-supported version although we will still answer questions if we do know the answer. This version is more than 9 years old and we recommend all customers to upgrade to a more recent, fully supported, version. Our latest version is 8.1 and is now available on WIndows XP, Vista and Linux. A Solaris for x86 version will be available shortly.

Dirk De Mol
MATRIXx R&D manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(9,972 Views)