MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i identify a particular relay on a PXI-2532

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a failed relay on a PXI-2532 matrix card. I know which relay it is, but I don;t know how to identify it on the card itself. I would like to replace it. Any infromation would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(11,509 Views)

For example, I know that it is the reference designator should be K148 but I don't know on which of the two boards since they both have a K148.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(11,508 Views)

Hello TDSI,

There are two K148 which you have discovered located on the top mezzanine and the lower mezzanine. In order to determine what mezzanine the relay that needs to be replaced is on you will have to locate the BANK, Column, and Row the relay is located on. Please take a look at NI Switches Help located in Windows Start>>(All Programs)>>National Instruments>> NI Switch>>Documentation>>NI Switch readme. Under the Device Section specific to the PXI-2532 (screen shot below) please confirm the location of the faulty relay by looking in the topology you are currently using. 

Capture0.PNG

For example lets say I am using a 1 wire 4x128 topology and there is a dead relay in Bank 0 (B0), Row 0 (R0), Column0 (C0) of this configuration. 

Capture1.PNG

Then I would go to the PXI/PXIe-2532 Relay Replacement page and find B0R0C0 which corresponds to K144 on the bottom Mezzanine. 

Capture2.JPG

Please post back if you have follow up questions. 

Best Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(11,490 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TDSI

With some head scratching, this helped alot. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
(11,478 Views)