MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my variable names vanishing. I run "tools/analyse" and it finds superblocks with variable that have no name, even though I know they had names five minutes ago.

Hello Wendya,

Which version of MATRIXx are you using?  At the time this happens if you reopen the superblock have the variable names been lost, or is it only the report from the analyze function which is incorrect?  At the time you are running analyze have all updates been saved?

It is possible this is a bug, if you have an example that you can post that demonstrates the behavior it would be helpful in identifying the issue.

Regards,

Angela M

Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,238 Views)

It is version 62.2

Analyze is correct, when I open up the superblocks the variable names have gone. It is a very large model. I was wondering if there is a size limit to the number of variables.

There is a size limit of variable per superblock, but is there a maximum number of superblocks for the project? Is there a maximum number of superblocks that can be nested inside another superblock?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,230 Views)

Hello wendya,

I apologize for the delay, this is not a version of MATRIXx supported by National Instruments.  I did look around and found the following.

Were the vanishing variables originally specified in the %Variable column of the block dialog? Is so, what block types are the variables vanishing?

There is no limit to the number of variables and no limit to the number of SuperBlocks in a model.

There was a limit of 200 blocks per SuperBlock. It is difficult to create a SuperBlock with more than 100 blocks. The diagram get pretty busy.

New releases of MATRIXx upped the limit to 999 blocks per SuperBlock.

Over the years some %variable bugs have been fixed.

If the analyzer is displaying a message about the usage of a vanished %variable, but the block dialog does not show the %variable (vanished).

It might be a block dialog bug where some %variables are not being displayed correctly.

You can use the queryblock SBA command to verify is a %variable is still there. Just append 'PV' to the end of the parameter name to query the %variable name for a block parameter.

For example from the xmath prompt with the SuperBlock in question opened for editting, query the gain value and %variable name for a gain block with ID = 2.

[gainvalue=gain,gainvar=gainpv] = queryblock(2)

gain?

gainvar?

I hope this helps,

Angela M
Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(10,194 Views)

The variable rectangle is still there but the variable name is blank. It isn't even called "var"  just " ". It happened to about 16 variables in a half hour period. The variables maintained their vector size, and their joins, it was just the name that vanished. I had groups of variables called, for example, "doorlight1right" and "doorlight2right" up to 9. And of the 9 variables in the group 5 became blank in random order. Fortunately when named that way it was easy to repair, but in other places I have to open up a backup model and find what the variable name is supposed to be.

I am very nervous it will happen again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(10,182 Views)