From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed up autocoding

Hi, I'm wondering if there are ways to speed up the process of "autocoding". I'm currently working with a model which contains 4000 ReadVariables/WriteVariables, It takes to this model 30 minutes to autocode. I would like to know if there are options or best practices to speed up this process.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(11,062 Views)
It should not take 30 minutes to AutoCode any model. We test some large models (~3500 SuperBlock ~3000 variables) and it only takes around 30 seconds to generate the code. I have heard of a problem with AutoCode where it runs much slower with certain combinations of operating systems and run-time libraries. What version of MATRIXx are you using? Please give us your contact info so we can get you an updated build of AutoCode to fix this speed issue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(11,031 Views)

Hello, thanks for the reply. I'm currently using a MatrixX 62.2 version. The OS is windows XP. Please let me know if more information is needed. It is great to hear that is not a normal issue and could be fixed. The model that takes 30 minutes to autocode generates 250 K lines of code (CPP file). I have generated other models that take less than a minute to autocode:

100K lines ----> 45 seconds

150K lines ----> 10 minutes

250K lines ----> 30 mnutes

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(11,022 Views)