MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run "maxlike" on a SystemBuild model?

The Xmath System Identification Module manual says that the "maxlike" function has the capability to identify parameters of SystemBuild models.  "maxlike", however, apparently requires a ".msf" file as the input model. Is there a method to extract a .msf that's representative of a SysBuild model?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,841 Views)
Well, this is not my specialty, but what about using the simulation output as the 'real world data' that you'd use in creating a SID model? If not, there's quite a few system and model functions in xmath that you can construct the model. But, I don't think there's an automated way to convert a systembuild model back into a SID model. Sorry this is not more helpful, but this isn't my specialty.

regards,
bob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,792 Views)
Thanks for the reply, Bob.  A colleague pointed out to me that the .msf that maxlike calls can simply call "sim" on the SystemBuild model in question, and thereby function just as if the model were implemented in the .msf.  I can't see a thing wrong with that idea, but I have yet to return to the problem and try out that solution.

(I'm afraid that whoever wrote NI's documentation on maxlike thought that pointing out that "sim"ing a SystemBuild model via the .msf call would be such an obvious approach that it wasn't worth mentioning <sheepish grin>.)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,786 Views)