From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Custom Help files

Ron,

Its possible your Internet Explorer may be blocking the content from being displayed.  When you type in the help for the function does IE ask if you want to un-block and allow the content in a small bar?  What version of MATRIXx are you currentlly using?  I have attached the .msf file I used without error.

Regards,

Steven B.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(10,551 Views)
Steven,

IE is not giving me any indication that it is blocking content.  I reviewed my security settings but didn't anything that should prevent the help from working.  I tried typing help for your test function and have attached a screen shot of my IE window.  Currently using Matrixx version 71.6 for Windows.

Thanks,
Ron
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(10,547 Views)

Ron,

Thats interesting.  I get similar results but with a bar asking if I would like to allow blocked content (see attached image).  Which version or IE are you currently running?

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(10,540 Views)

I'm using IE6.

Do you get that same IE warning when requesting help for MatrixX standard functions?  My help works fine for standard functions.  It's just the help for user defined functions that I have trouble with.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(10,530 Views)

Ron,

Yes I do get the same response when getting help from Standard functions.  I currently have IE 6.0.2 as well. 

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(10,524 Views)
We are aware of several of these problems with User-defined help and are working on a fix.

We will have a fix both in MATRIXx 7.1.7 and the next major release 8.0 (which just went beta last week Smiley Happy)

The MATRIXx development team
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(10,450 Views)
Has this user defined help issue been fixed?  I just installed version 7.1.7 and I'm still same problem as with version 7.1.6.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(9,915 Views)
Hello Ron,
      Can you please provide a list of steps to reproduce this issue?

Have a great weekend,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(9,890 Views)

Nathan,

See the files functionname.txt (msf) and Local Help.png that were posted on 8/29/2006.  I get the same blank screen in v7.1.7 that I did in v7.1.6 when I type help functionname at the Xmath command prompt.  I'm not a javascript expert, but I think there may be something wrong with either the javascript used to display the help file or with the query string that gets passed from Xmath to the browser.

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(9,876 Views)