MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMAKE: fatal error U1073

I'm trying to run a simulation with a UCB.  The c file included in my UCB is called evtsym.c.
When I try to run the simulation I get the following error:

NMAKE: fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'evtsym.obj'

I checked my environment variables and everything looks OK.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(14,351 Views)

Hello Jim,
Which versions of MATRIXx and compiler are you using?  Have you seen this KnowledgeBase 30J93UOH: Why Do I Get an NMAKE Fatal Error When Simulating a model with a Fortran or ...

Are you able to compile any demo examples or run any other simulations using different .c files?  It sounds like you are on the right track: if you continue to have trouble with this specific .c file (and are able to successfully compile other .c files) it may help if you post the troublesome code so we can take a look.  Thanks and please post back with more information so we can investigate further.

Regards,
Angela M.

Message 2 of 3
(14,344 Views)
This worked on my machine and a collegues, it seems to resolve all environmental nmake errors.
Exit xmath, sysbld, etc...
Find your vsvars32.bat (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools)
Find your xmath.bat or matrixx.bat, depending on your version (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MATRIXx\bin)
Open vsvars32.bat in a text editor and copy its entire contents
Open xmath.bat in a text editor and paste the entire contents of the vsvar32.bat on the line prior to the version line (set MTXVER=7.1.8)
Save the xmath.bat

From now on to start up xmath, double click on the bat file.
The environmental variable are set each time and I found that all errors were extinguished.
This worked on MatrixX 7.1.6 and with Visual Studio 2003 and 2005
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(13,318 Views)