From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATRIXx and Java

Hello,

does MATRIXx have any connector or interface for Java? For example I want to start a GUI, that changes some variables in Xmath, by instantiating a Java class.

I coundn't find anything about it in MATRIXx help or user guides, so I hope someone can help me. 

Thanks,

Jewgenij

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,936 Views)

HelloJewgenij,

There was another discussion forum post with a similar question.  Please look here and let us know if this answers your question or not.

Regards,

Angela M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,934 Views)

Hello Angela,

I've read already the discussion before I posted this thread. I wasn't sure if it is the answer, so I asked more exactly.

I hope you could me answer more exactly than in the other thread, too.

Thanks,

Jewgenij

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,932 Views)

Hello Jewgenij,

There is not an interface written explicitely to talk with Java.  If your goal is to be able to programmatically be able to create and control a GUI, then I would recommend using the built in functionality of MATRIXx.  See Chapter 9 of the Xmath User Guide for details on this API.  As you will see in this chapter, there is an example of a GUI implementation which you can see if you type ifilter in the command window.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Angela M

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(10,912 Views)