MATRIXx

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save formatting changes in SystemBuild

I am working in SystemBuild, an would like to format my block diagram.  I save the changes before exiting, but when re-opening the model it goes back to a default format, with blocks/lines overlapping.  Is there a way to save the formatting changes that I make?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,925 Views)
In the v8.0.0 release, moving a wire's routing was not properly preserved. I have confirmed that the problem was fixed in 8.0.1.

However, there are a couple of points to consider regarding wire routing.

1) There only a limited number of 'bends' in a wire. This is the reason why automatic routing needs to fix-up a wire in certain cases.

2) After changing the wire's position, subsequent changes to the block's location on the diagram may make the wire position impossible to draw. In those cases, the automatic routing is done to re-position the wire. The editor does try to preserve wire positions when its block's positions move, but it's not always possible and there has to be some fall-back to solve the mis-routing problem and the automatic routing solves it.

3) Although I/O terminals are movable in v8, to remain backward compatible to v7.x, we can not preserve the positions in the diagram. Thus, each time a superblock is opened, the terminals are repositioned to the default position, relative to what they are connecting to/from. We needed to be faithful to the v7 look regarding the position of terminals. We recognized that by allowing the terminals to move, but not save the position, we'd be opening up a sore issue. But, we thought that atleast giving you the option to move the terminals was better than locking them down, as they are in v7.
  • Change the input or output pin modes of a block to get the editor to re-position any terminals that connect
  • When moving a block, area-select a region containing the block and the I/O terminals.
  • Use vector pin mode to reduce the number of terminals in the diagram
4) The wires of a diagram exist on a different 'layer' and that layer is above the blocks so that a block will not occlude a wire's path. We recognized that there are cases when that would be a nice, but we had to go one way or the other, at this point. It's possible this is a future enhancement.

Hope that helps...
Bob Pizzi
MATRIXx R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,919 Views)