Louisville KY LabView User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -65581 working with RIO products UHG! Part 1

Hello Louisville User Group. This is the first segment of error -65581 UHG! After much work with NI's tech support and a whole lot of time later, I felt it is my duty to share this with the community. Everyone I spoke to at NI indicated the I/O was toast, UNTIL RECENTLY and two more RIO devices later.

If you run into error code -65581 while working with RIO products, it doesn't necessarily mean the I/O is fried. It is highly likely caused by programming in the hybrid mode. What that means is your project is utilizing both the FPGA target and the scan mode target (i.e. Real-Time) at the same time. This causes a conflict with the RIO device I/O. There is a solution! You must first build a blank VI under the FPGA target then perform a build specification for that FPGA VI. Then are Real-Time VI is created with reference to the FPGA VI. See the link below on how to do this.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373197B-01/cserieshelp/scan_interface_for_modules_rt/

A word of caution. If for some reason you have to move a module from under the FPGA target to the Real Time target (or vice-versa), the build specification for the FPGA VI will have to be rebuilt.

Good luck!

Message 1 of 1
(4,353 Views)