Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minutes idle until logoff version 6.0

Trying to logoff operators if there is 15 minutes of inactivity.  Won't logoff operator.  Using version 6.0.2 Build 1 of Lookout with Windows 2000 5.002195 service pack 4 on a Dell Optiplex SX270.  What am I doing wrong.  Any ideas? 

Carl
Message 1 of 17
(5,711 Views)

I would like to see that work as well... Never has though, at least not in 3.8, 4.X, 5.X or 6.0.2

Thanks for bringing this up again!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,696 Views)
I can easily make it work.
I create a new account named "operator", set "minutes idle until logoff" to 2, logon as "operator" and wait for 2 minutes. Then it is logged off automatically. The name becomes "nobody".

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,679 Views)

Ryan:

I appreciate your fast reply.  I set up a new account by the name of "operator" and set the logoff at two minutes.  I also put check mark on the (nobody) account.  I waited about 5 minutes and nothing happened.  I went to Excel to work on a file and when I came back "(nobody)" account was signed on.  I still can't get my computer to sign off.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Carl

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(5,670 Views)

It works, finally! But, on a couple of computers, we will have to unplug the mouse to use it. I guess there is enough vibration and such in some places to keep it from timing out. Especially where machines are in a busy office, or near a hallway door, etc.

I wonder how it could be integrated otherwise?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,655 Views)
Carl,
As you said that "(nobody) account was signed on", I think the "operator" account was successfully logged off.
Your computer account won't log off, but only your Lookout account.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,643 Views)
Ryan:

When I stated the computer won't log out-I was meaning lookout.  I had lookout running and watched it for 5 minutes and the operator was still logged on.  I did not touch the mouse or anything for five minutes.  I gave up and went to work on an Excel file and when I returned it was signed on to the (nobody) account.  I still do not understand what is wrong.  Should I have to go to another application before it signs off to (nobody)?

Carl
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,638 Views)

Message Edited by Ryan.S on 02-06-2007 01:48 AM

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(5,623 Views)

I have tested it on 2000, and it worked.

Set it to 1min, it's easy to test. Wait for 2 or more minutes and see the result.

If you don't do anything for 5 minutes, lookout will log off. If you switch to another application and operate for 5 minutes, the lookout will log off.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,618 Views)
"Operator" was logged in yesterday afternoon at about 3pm and I did not work on my computer anymore the rest of the day.  I come in this morning and "operator" was still logged in.  It did not sign off all night long and no one had access to my computer.  I worked in Excel this morning and when I came back to lookout "(nobody)" was logged on.  I beleive that this work, but for some reason it does not sign off until I go to another application.  Any other thoughts?

Carl
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,613 Views)