From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookout executable not responding

I am having problems displaying hypertrends on the free client with Lookout 6.6. I get the message ” Lookout executable not responding” when I try to open a window with 11 hyper trends on it. Sometimes it takes a very long time to load, other times it never loads. On other panels with fewer trends, it will open in a reasonable amount of time.  In looking at processes’, Lookout executable will go from ‘running’ to ‘not responding’ and back again for minutes until it finally loads, if it loads. I have tried this on other machines and with the developmental client, same thing. I have been looking at this for weeks, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,322 Views)

I have reported similar issues and so far...  No help because NI has not been able to repeat the issue.  I've seen wild screen flashing, blanking, panel cycling, etc., with processes that have a combination of lots of data and/or lots of trends.  The issue has been confirmed by me to exist in 6.6, 6.7 and 6.7.1. and was NOT present in 6.5.

I've discovered that the web player performs much better overall when screens have lots of hypertrends/HT-data.  Both development and runtime versions have issues...

Ryan....   Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,313 Views)

Yes, mine is acting the same way. I can replicate the issue with ease and can do any testing for Ryan if needed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,300 Views)