From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there an easy way to always ramp an output up slowly, with ramp time control?

i found the file for ramp saok and it does way more than I need. I cant seem to break out the ramp part of it. I just want to give the operator a choice of instant on, or a slow ramp towards hid intended setpoint. Thanx in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,096 Views)
I attached a quick example I made. It is simple but hopefully you can get some ideas from it. This is based on Lookout 4.5.1 build 18. If you have an earlier version you can modify the script and compile into the older version.

Quick note: if you enter a rate that exceeds 2%/second ramp you will not reach your intended % setpoint. This is simply because Lookout is not good at timing fractions of a second. You would want to offload any functions that involve fractions of a second into your logic controller.

The file works perfect for 1%/second or slower ramps like .1 or .01%/second rate.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
Download All
Message 2 of 2
(3,096 Views)