From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client license recovery

Hi

We had a server client configuration of Lookout 5.0 on 2 PCs.

The server PC has died and we have lost the licenses.

I had made a back up a week before the PC died and can see the Server license in the lookout 5.0/lookout configuration file. This has allowed me to get the server up and running but I have no way to retieve the client license that I can see.

Is there anywhere else I can look? The client PC is still healthy but I dont see anything like this in there, maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,540 Views)

If you know the original purchaser you can call NI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,522 Views)

Hi Mike

I did give them a call and email with photos but they are trying to sell me a new license.

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,519 Views)

Bit further. IT here have managed to open the hard drive on a different PC via a 'toaster'. They can see all the files on the hard drive but can run the lookout.

Is there any where in these files that the client license may be stored?

Also I have found a screen shot of the client license that I can see the 1st 10 digits of the code. If some one has a client license, how many digits does it have? Are they all alpha? all 10 of mine are and if there are only 12 digits I may be able to run through frm aa to zz to fill in the 2 remaining items.

Thanks

JT

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,506 Views)

Ok National Instruments have generated me a new client license key for 2 clients (as before) which I have installed on the server PC.

I was following tutorial 3919 on how to configure the client coumpter http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3919/en/

I need to be able to direct the client computer to the server computer name but I dont have the option to go into edit mode in the client installation to access the object explorer and the serve link. This is despite logging in as Admnistrator or Developer.

Do I need to install the developer license on the client PC also to allow me to do this?

Thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,446 Views)