From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Message Dialog Box

How would you create a Push Button that asks you "Are you sure you wish to turn off this pump?" and ask a second time, "Are you REALLY sure you wish to turn off this pump?".
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,120 Views)
I have done something similar. I created a switch that was displayed as a check box. When the box was checked a verification popped up (yellow feild under "Action Verification Messages" - on) that provided an appropriate warning. This switch was also connected to a pushbutton's visible datamember. When the check was in the check box (switch=on) the pushbutton was visible. When the pushbutton was depressed another action verification popped up. When the pushbutton was depressed the switch was reset to off. If they decide not to select yes on the pushbutton's action verification message a timer would turn of the check box a few seconds later.

Try it.

Regards,
Tommy Scharmann
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,120 Views)
That's pretty much what I'm doing now. But I wasn't sure if anyone had a "CLEANER" way to do it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,120 Views)

How about you pop up a 'no-icon popup' Panel from the first PushButton. Make this panel really small so that it looks like a Message box. Here, add another PushButton with its ActionVerification enabled with the second message. Use this Second PB's value as the final control value.

You'll need to take care of closing this pop-up panel, etc.. which shouldn't be very difficult.

Hope this helps,

Khalid 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,120 Views)