From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Lookout 6.7.1 from version 5.1 on new computer

Hi

We recently upgraded to Lookout 6.7.1 from version 5.1 (build 8). We copied the
database, Source Files, Process Files from the old computer to the new
computer. We also attached the database in NI Max. We then updated the files
when we opened them in the new version 6.7.1. We now are missing data and we
are experiencing issues with the following:

1. No Trends are trending

2. We have a screen named Instruments Settings but the numeric values are not
displaying

3. We have tried changing the numeric values for the Instruments Settings but
they will not write to the database

4. We have tried the Revise Potentionmeter but it is not writing to the  Remote
URL

5. The Data Member Configuration is not editable

Below are screen shots:

PIC2.png

PIC1.png

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,085 Views)

I have not had any issues upgrading from 5.1 to 6.7.1.

So you cannot change the data member settings at all?  Clicking elements and Updating does nothing?  What about Import/Export?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
Message 2 of 6
(6,030 Views)
That is correct Mike. The data is not allowing us to edit on any level or any screen even in development. It seems the database is on partially working properly. I have even tried re attaching the database or converting the database in NI Max but are receiving error messages when attempting these steps. The Import/Export throws a message that it is not available. Could you share the steps you have used to successfully migrate from 5.1 to 6.7.1 on new hardware? Your information would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,965 Views)

I did nothing that was special to make it work.  Simply recompiled the LKS files and it worked.

I would suggest sending a bug report to NI support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,934 Views)

Just a few points.

Lookout 5.1 Citadel database is ver. 4. Lookout 6.02 Citadel database is ver. 5 (Lookout 6.7.1 will be greater than 4 as well.)

Max has a tool to convert 4 to 5. Was this done successfully?

Opening the source file (.lks) will recompile them and create a new process file. You don't need the old process file.

Your screen shots show hundreds of alarms. ????

Are you communicating with any devices?

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,928 Views)

HI Bob

The database conversion did complete successfully. The alarms are showing because the datapoints are not registering correctly and such the min and max are setting off the alarms. Some devices are working while others are not. Seems to be about half of the devices are working. I have little Lookout experience. I have enough knowledge to put up a Lookout PC and move the data/files. The last move went okay but this one has been difficult at best. Luckily I still have the "old" setup working and can fall back when the attempts to get the new one does not work successfully.I have found the proper way to edit the data points individually but this would be very tedious and prone to errors. I would like to think there is some connetion that has not converted to the new version and I need to find and fix that connection, but again I don't have the required knowledge for that.

Your thoughts?

Thank you for your reply.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,829 Views)