Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trends stopped working

Can anyone tell me what would cause all trends to stop after a lookout 6.6 process has been running for years and trending fine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(5,383 Views)

Have you changed something before this problem? You can also check if the date are acquired or updated well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(5,342 Views)

No I changed nothing. Just a call from customer to tell me, trending is broken, all trends.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(5,323 Views)

Is this the Lookout server or client?

If it's the server, and the database is on the local computer, try to view the data in MAX when the hypertrend stops displaying trends. If no data in MAX, it means the data logging has something wrong. Check if nicitdl5.exe is running or not. Check if the National Instruments Citadel service is Started or not in Windows Services. The Citadel should not stop randomly and restart after a while.

If the new computer is the client software, the database is on remote computer, check the networking, especially the firewall. Also, check the database in MAX. If the data is not in the database, the networking or firewall is not the issue. There might be something on the server computer that interrupts the Citadel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(5,310 Views)

Trends do not show in max either. The citedal database is definitely runnumbered as a Windows service. Should I delete that database and recreate it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(5,290 Views)

It is running as server, one machine only. CItadel is running as windows service. Doesn't show in max either.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(5,288 Views)

Trends do not show in max means there is something wrong with Citadel when logging data. Can you make sure if National Instruments Citadel service is Started and running normally in Windows Services? If it works normally, you can create a simple process which logs data to citadel and show in trend, then you can judge if everything works well. If so, I think you can try creating a new database.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(5,272 Views)

Citadel 5 is indeed running as a Windows service. Tried stopping, then starting again, rebooting, and adding a new database point to log and it shows nothing in lookout app or in max. Max still is logging alarms, just no trends. I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(5,265 Views)

Citadel 5 still logs alarms and events, but it relies on a standard database program such as Mysql for data logging. That program will have a database size limit that varies with the version and or operating system. As I recall XP included a standard SQL database limited to 4 gb (possibly only 2 gb ??) On more than one occasion I've had the database file size reach this limit and data logging just stops. Alarms and events continue to log.

Using MAX to backup the database resulted in a complete file with ALL the historical data intact but a file size less than half of the original. Restoring this file allowed logging to continue. I was never able to pinpoint the cause but the problem occurred again a year and a half later. Backup and restore again reduced the file size and logging continued.

I'd check the actual database file size and compare that to any limits on your installation.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(5,250 Views)

When you say backup and restore, I assume you are talking about archive and re-attach? I have tried stopping and restarting citadel service, archive, detach and re- attach database, and deleting and recreating the database, nothing brings the trends back in either the lookout app or in max.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(5,228 Views)