Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The colurs of the plotted trends don't correspond to the

colours used in the hyper cursor list box. User's find the cursor and it's box impossible to use. Is there any way of getting a more user-friendly descriptor for the variables into the box, or of getting some correspondence between trace and text colours?When I click on the Hyper Trend, Hyper Cursor icon, I get a list box for each trace on the ternd, with the value of each variable at the time indicated by the cursor line. Unfortunately, the name given to each trace is a system name (ie Object.1.Derived.1033 and so on) which means nothing to my users. It might be easier for users if the colours used in the cursor list box were the same as those used to plot variables in the hyper trends.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,241 Views)
colours used in the hyper cursor list box. User's find the cursor and it's box impossible to use. Is there any way of getting a more user-friendly descriptor for the variables into the box, or of getting some correspondence between trace and text colours?.

The colors of traces in the HyperCursor box were originally the same as those of the traces in the HyperTrend but got messed up in one of the builds of Lookout.

This is has since been fixed in 4.5.1 build 18 of Lookout. You may download this from NI's FTP site:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/upgrades/4.5.1/

Please be sure to read the Readme file up there before installing:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/upgrades/4.5.1/readme.txt

If you run into some issues, please get in touch with NI's Technical Support.

Rgds,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,241 Views)
colours used in the hyper cursor list box. User's find the cursor and it's box impossible to use. Is there any way of getting a more user-friendly descriptor for the variables into the box, or of getting some correspondence between trace and text colours?Khalid wrote -
"This is has since been fixed in 4.5.1 build 18 of Lookout. You may
download this from NI's FTP site:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/lookout/upgrades/4.5.1/ "

Yep - I did, and it worked with no problem. Rather easy except for the time
to download. It IS important to follow the procedure, but it ain't
difficult.

--
Aaron Gesicki
Sparta, Wisconsin
Coulee Country - 40 km from the Mississippi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3