From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Administrator Password in Lookout V6.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to reset the password for the Administrator Account on an older version of Lookout.

I was to email Ryan Shi at Lookout, but the customer took me so long to get back to me (2+ years), now they need it.

Does anyone know how to get the password reset?  I am not sure if a Version 7 Lookout security file will work with this older version.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

John Blaser

Electrical Controls Manager

Control Flow Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,255 Views)

Send email to lookout.support@ni.com, they would help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,238 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that.  The email reply was submit a service request... Can't do that as I don't have the service program membershib...  So only way to do it is through the forums.

Or, if like before, someone at NI comes on and says email it to me and I will fix it for you, or here is the new file you can use.

Are there any other ideas or will the file from Version 7 work ok?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JJBlaser

To reinitialize the password, find the lookout.sec in windows\system32 folder or windows\SysWOW64 (64bit machine), and backup it first. And then copy the attached lookout.sec to that folder. Open Lookout, login by "Administrator" and blank password.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,223 Views)

Thanks, that got it to work.  Was able to get the customer to reset it.

I appreciate the help!

Best Regards,

John Blaser

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,160 Views)