From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundancy in Lookout 5.0

I know that I have seen an article on how to do this, but can not seem to find it.

I need to set up a redundant system. Two separate machines running Lookout 5.0, one running Development version and the other running runtime only. This is possible correct? The two machines will be sitting side by side connected via Ethernet.

How do I set it up? Can I use the exact same Database from one to the other. How does it up date the information? How will one machine know when the other is no longer working?

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.
Ollie
oscheurer@aegis-solutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,791 Views)
Hi Ollie,
There is a redundancy section in the lookout online help. Just go to the Help>>Content>>Set Up Redundancy to learn more. You'll see there are two objects that lookout has to support redundancy - one monitors the heartbeat or the primary machine and one load the secondary process when the HB is lost.
There is even info how to set up clients, so that they can automatically switch from prim to sec machine.
As for the database, yes you can stream to the same database, just set the target place in the Options>>System. However, there is a catch. The trace names in the database include the computer name - thus the same object from two different computers is stored in the database under computer specific name. For example \\primary\process1\pot1 and \\second
ary\process1\pot1.

Check this article, there is some info on merging prim and sec databases:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/384A0F9E67CE705F86256B4700797EF3?opendocument&node=DZ52189_US

I hope this helps.
martin
Message 2 of 2
(2,791 Views)