Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Lookout 6.1 After Install/Uninstall Lookout 6.5

I'm getting the message "You have a higher version of NI Uninstaller in your system" when I was trying to re-install Lookout 6.1 after installing and uninstalling Lookout 6.5.

The error says for me to uninstall the higher version of NI Uninstaller?  Where and how do I do this?

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,384 Views)

Please give a screenshot of the error you got.

Actually you should be able to install 6.1 even if you don't unistall 6.5.

Are you able to install 6.5 now?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,377 Views)

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

1) This is the error I get when installing Lookout 6.5

23138i6741052056EC87FC

I then select "Yes" to continue, choose "evaluation mode" and let it complete the install, restart computer and run Lookout 6.5.

But Lookout 6.5 does not run and I get the following error:

23140iE45DF171AA6571D6

2) Now I try and install Lookout 6.1,  the part where it is initializing the installer completes and I click on "Next"

I go through with the information input for user/company/serial, select complete install, license agreement and then click next and I get the following error:

23142i434D6478A125E03C

And now I am at the problem.

So I click on Yes (to continue) and I get the following error:

23144iDF7BE7FD06E351C6

and I continue and get the next error

23146i3DF89ACE25DD6175

and so on...

Thanks for your help.  I'm almost short of formattimg the drive and reinstalling the entire system but I'm hoping it's just a minor item that was overlooked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,369 Views)

Did you unistall lookout 6.5 from Control Panel? I'm trying to figure out the NI-PAL install error.

But Lookout 6.1 doesn't support Windows 7.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,346 Views)

I uninstalled "National Instruments Software" from the Control Panel:

23326i73097B280155E8D8

-after clicking "Yes", some components are installed and the window closes.

- I then restart the computer.

- After the computer restarted I went back to the Control Panel and saw that "National Instruments Software" was still shown.  So I selected it again to uninstall.  I got the same prompt as above and when I clicked "Yes' the "Shared Components Detected" panel closed without any sign of uninstalling the components.

- I go to the start menu and see that Lookout 6.5 is still in there. I click on the Lookout 6.5 icon in the start menu and I get the following panel:

23328iBF5C76632962636D

Looks like Lookout 6.5 is not completely uninstalled.

Lookout 6.1 worked on Windows 7.  All I did was install Lookout 6.5 after uninstalling Lookout 6.1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,331 Views)

Okay I got past a big hurdle with the install...but still have problems running Lookout 6.1

I went into the registry..........HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\     and deleted anything NI related and that seemed to work in removing the NI Uninstall message I get when trying to install Lookout 6.1.

1) I managed to get past the "uninstall the NI Uninstaller" during the Lookout 6.1 install process but near the end ran into the following:

23352i3D3DEC0BD9CF791E

I selected "yes" to continue and it completed. I rebooted the computer and ran the Lookout 6.1 executable and got the following error:

23354i5F53A348568EDB1E

Wondering how I can get past the Lookout 6.1 install error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,328 Views)

If Lookout 6.5 is installed correctly, when you choose to unistall it from control panel, you will see a pop-up dialog box for you to choose which product to unistall or change.

As for the NI-PAL error in install, do you logon windows as Administrator or have Administrator privilege?

If you are not Administrator, take a look at the security property of the System32 folder. Maybe you don't have the permission to add files to the system32 folder.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,313 Views)

I've given up on making it work and have just reinstalled Windows 7 and everything is working again.

Ryan...thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,287 Views)

first come easy . I have difficulty in establishing the lookout 6.6 scada software helps me Do

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,496 Views)