Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC will not write to AB L32E - Will Read

Solved!
Go to solution

OPC will not write to AB L32E - Will Read.

I have been able to set up a OPC Server using the NI OPC Server, using the ControlLogix Ethernet driver for the AB 1769-L32E PLC.

All of the tags can be seen. The Lookout 6.7.1 will see real time data, but anything I write too, never shows up in the PLC.

Using the OPCclient in Lookout. Their is No alarm's, other than a value has been adjusted by direct user input..

Their is no comm errors.

I just purchased this software last month.

The NI OPC Server, Events, no errors.

Thanks.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,648 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DRMoore

I got it figured out. The addressing may be little different than Lookout Direct.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,626 Views)

Can you list the configuration steps you used to get this working for both read and write.

I am having issues with this and it would be nice to see your steps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,137 Views)

I am finding that when using the OPC server with up to 300-400 tags, the OPC server will not have any real time read or writes until about a 5-15 minutes delay.

I am using up to 1200 tags that results in a OPC server start up time of about 45 min with no indication of any errors.

I am still looking into this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,130 Views)

I have been unable to even get one read or write.  If possible can you show the steps you used in confiquring a channel to your PLC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,128 Views)

Thanks for your posts because I knew this should be possible.  Here is what I found.  Check step 4 of your channel in case your value updating is wrong or Step 11 of  device is set to do not create on startup.

Thanks to the folks at Kepware. I was able to get this working for CompactLogix L32E.

Step 1: In NI OPC Server Create a new Channel. Channel Name can be whatever you want.

Step 2: Device driver will be ControlLogix Ethernet.  You can also enable diagnostics if you want.

Step 3: Network adapter. I used default setting.

Step 4: Write only latest values.  Duty at 10. ( These are default settings and are recommended.)

Step 5: Finish new Channel setup

Step 6: Click on Icon to create new device

Step 7: Device Name can be whatever you chose.

Step 8: Select Device Model in this case CompactLogix 5300

Step 9: Device ID For me was IP Address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,1,0    (Note the 1 directs path to backplane. The 0 to the slot where processor is)

Step 9: Device timing.  Leave at defaults.

Step 10: Auto demotion leave unchecked.

Step 11: Leave at defaults Do not generate on startup Delete on create and allow subgroups

Step 12: Port and watchdogs at default settings

Step 13: Project options leave at default. (In my case I changed to short as that is what most of my tags were)

Step 14: Create tagname from device.

Step 14: Finish Device setup.

You now have two options. 

Option 1: Start creating tags as you need them. (This is what I did)

Option 2: Right Click newly created device and select properities.  Then select database creation and click auto create.

Go To Lookout  and create new driver. 

Select OPC Client

Server name will be from dropdown menu. National Instruments:NIOPCServers

Click okay

You should be done and smiling. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,109 Views)