Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user looking to get started

Greetings!

My automation firm has landed a contract with a customer to add screens to an existing SCADA system that is running Lookout as the HMI. I've used various other HMI software packages, and I did some work with LabView while I was in school for my EE, but I've never worked with Lookout before. I'm looking forward to learning the software and getting started onthe right foot, so I thought I would introduce myself on the forums and say hello!

In the next week or so, we will have the credentials to get support from NI on the customer's behalf, but I was hoping to get a head start on my learning curve so that I can jump right in once we have the software.

To that end, does anyone know the best place to find tutorials or other learning materials for Lookout? Free learning resources would be ideal, but paid learning isn't out of the question, especially if it doesn't require travel.

Best regards,

-Chris Pitts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,145 Views)

Start in the NI developer zone website, quite a few examples. 

Download the Developers Manual. it has basic tutorials.

Welcome to the marsh... Lookout is stagnant, has been for a while with only maintenance type updates for years.  Supporting existing is fine, but if you have a complete new system or can replace the system look at other software.  We have used InduSoft and ClearSCADA for some previous Lookout projects.

Good luck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,092 Views)