Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus TCP/IP connection to GE Rx3i

Installed a GE Rx3i PAC controller with ethernet connection to VPN network back to main site for data transfer. Current configuration has the GE HMI panel connected to the PLC using ethernet through a router. As this is on the inside, it is acting as a switch. Data being transferred to main site is using a serial connection to a radio network. In this current configuration I am able to transfer data.

I switched the Modbus driver from serial to TCP/IP and there is no transfer of data. Zero updates, unable to write to the PAC. Put it back to serial and data transfer resumes. VPN tunnel is up and the host machine can ping the PAC unit. so the data path is valid.

I have older 90/30 PLC's in use at other sites that I connect to using ethernet, VPN etc. The difference with these is the local HMI is using the SNP serial cable.

I don't know if its because the HMI is also using the ethernet that I am having this problem but I don't think it is as I have a GE versamax in service that is using ethernet for both the GE HMI and for the data transfer back to the main site.

Is the 90/30 driver in Lookout compatible with the Rx3i controllers in use now? This is the only thing I can come up with at this point.

Anyone else run into this situation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,225 Views)