Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout locks up when using a process with a modbus driver

I wrote a process on my laptop that runs fine, but on my desktop computer this process will lock up the computer. I noticed that if I don't load the server process it doesn't lock up Lookout. My desktop is on an ethernet network, it used to work okay, but I don't know what has changed to cause this problem. I think the problem may be in the server process's access to the serial port through the modbus driver object.
Werner Knight
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,736 Views)
___

It surely looks like a problem with your Modbus driver Object. Here's what you can try: create a new "test" process with a Modbus Object on your desktop PC, without any other objects and see if it still locks up.

If it does, then that's the culprit! Try changing the serial port settings for the Modbus Object and also under Options>>Serial Ports.

Hope this helps,

Khalid 🙂

___
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,736 Views)
Have you recompiled the source file by opening the .lks file? The .l4p file might have been corrupted.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,736 Views)
You might also want to check the serial port settings on your desktop computer, especially since the process worked on another computer. The settings are located in the device manager of your operating system. Also, check to make sure there is not another software trying to access that port at the same time. One culprit I have found is Palm or PDA software. You can also check the com port by performing a loop back test.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,736 Views)