Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout V 6.7 causing Windows 7 64 bit not to boot properly?

I have Lookout Version 6.7 on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-53 with a 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM running Windows 7, 64bit OS.  I have a 1TB External hard drive connected to the laptop also, though Lookout is not loaded on it.

When Lookout was installed the following would occur:  I shut down the laptop at the end of the work day, it shuts down with no issues.  I come back to work the next day and power the laptop up, Windows 7 will not start up properly.  I get to the "Please Wait" before you have the prompt for 'CTL - ALT - Delete' to login.

I then power off the laptop and restart Windows 7 using Safe Mode with No Networking.  If I try to use Windows Safe Mode with Networking, I can get to the login in prompt, then I get past that and get to 'Welcome' blue swirl and then it hangs there.

I removed Lookout and all of the NI software that was loaded and the laptop seems to boot up ok.

The strange thing is, it only seems to affect it when I power up after being powered down.  When I do a "Restart" in Windows, the machine will boot up properly.  It is only after a Shutdown and power it back on do I have an issue.

I think there is a service that is trying to start that Windows is having an issue with, but I am not sure which one it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,206 Views)