Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.7 or 6.7.1 and VPN Connections

I am having difficulty after upgrading to Lookout 6.7 and 6.7.1 from 6.1 with a client process that is receiving its data from a Lookout server across a VPN. Two different VPNs have been tested and multiple computers running various versions of the client process. This is used for a water utility. Tank levels do not update, pump spinners do not spin, etc. If i start another process that is looking at the same server and then restart the initial process everything updates normally. I can then close the unnecessary process and the failing process continues to communicate until it is restarted. Ports across the VPN are wide open, no restritions, firewalls have been turned off. I did not have this problem until after I updated from version 6.1 to 6.7. I then updated to version 6.7.1 hoping the problem woud go away, but no joy. Also, if the computer running the client process is on the local network, there is no problem. This only occurs when connecting through a VPN tunnel. I have spent time building a new process and testing as the build goes along and I am seeing the same issue with very few components of the complete process. FYI, this is not a web client,  this is the free client application running a client process file. Also, the state file for the process always shows the current time and date when the process was started. I have also tried starting the process by placing the source file in a separate folder and starting the process using the source file with the same result. Has anyone seen this issue? 

Thanks,

Brad Adams

Communications Group Inc.

Nashville, TN 

Phone: 615-889-4756

Email: brad@commtechradio.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,075 Views)

Radioman,

Have you had any luck on this issue? We are having the same kind of issues. If we are over the VPN the colors on our breaker status does not update untill you operate the breaker. All the analogs are working fine and even the trends work. We are using 6.7.1 and as you found if we connect right into the network we do not have these issues.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,223 Views)