Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.7.1 panel graphics disappear.

In my application, I have a very busy main panel--by very busy, I mean that I have a lot of informaiton and graphics displayed.  I recently installed the runtime license on a Windows 7 computer for a system of ours and dropped in the process files to run the HMI.  The files run fine on my machine used for developing, but after the program has been running for a few minutes on the new Windows 7 machine, the graphics on my main panel disappear when you go to another full screen panel and switch back again.  

I can get them to come back, a bit garbled, by clicking around the blank screen until a pop up panel comes up.  Then, if I drag the pop up panel around the screen, the graphics appear again.  This works for a little while and then the graphics disappear again after switching between other panels.

I tried running in several different compatibility modes, but nothing helped.

I've attached my process files to help with getting this resolved.  Let me know if there's a solution.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,194 Views)

The customer took a picture of the screen in the field.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,174 Views)

Haha, that looks like an old Basin Water IX setup!

Check the INI settings and adjust the buffer VBuffer:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5051/en/

I have noticed that sometimes Lookout doesnt like to redraw, especially on integrated graphics systems.  We had to upgrade a server system that had a simple integrated "XGI Z9" to a dedicated video card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,068 Views)