Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.7.1 Modbus Ethernet issues

We have upgraded our Server 2008 to Server 2012. And upgraded our lookout software 6.7 to 6.7.1 as well.

We are having issues using the modbus ethernet driver with 2 Yaskawa drives on the 6.7.1 Server 2012.  We have 10 PLC's that we talk using this driver with no issues Server 2012.

On Server 2008 the connections to the Yaskawa drives work using the modbus ethernet driver.

However they do not work with Server 2012. We can ping the drive and get good response.

The following is what we get from the diagnostic file

06:13:35.3 - PLC_VFD1 ->
Open socket: Waiting for connection to complete, 0x2733
06:13:55.3 - PLC_VFD1 ->
Open socket: Waiting for connection to complete, 0x2733

The other issue we are seeing is that even thou Users are setup with Level 10. Passwords cannot be updated. Says we don't have user rights

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,616 Views)

Hello, do you mean 10 other brand of PLCs work well using modbus ethernet driver and there is just a problem with Yaskawa drives? Error 0x2733 "open socket: waiting connection to complete" means the ethernet connection cannot be created. When the ip address is incorrect, or the networking has problem, you may got this error.

For the second problem, you can try the following mechod:to reinitialize the password, find the lookout.sec in windows\system32 folder or windows\SysWOW64 (64bit machine), and backup it first. And then copy the attached lookout.sec to that folder. Open Lookout, login by "Administrator" and blank password.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,560 Views)

Thanks for the reply. We have contacted Yaskawa and are waiting for a response.  I am wondering if it has something to do with firewalls as they moved the server from the Water Plant where all of radio's and networks are based to City Hall. I don't know enough about networks to know how this can still work.  But all sites are up and running except the two drives.  We can see the drives using internet explorer but unable to communicate via the Modbus drivers. 

Tried your file that you had attached but it appears to be corrupt. Was I supposed to rename it and replace the old one. I did try that but it shows as a corrupt file when I try to open Lookout.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,535 Views)

For the first question, I think you can replace your good PLC with the one that has communication issue, if it works well, then the probleme comes from the original application part, if the communication is still broken, I think the register itself doesn't work at all.

About the password, maybe you forget the original password, so you don't have the right to change it, you can try the new attachment, it is for the version Lookout 6.7.1(maybe the previous one does not match), and the user groups and accounts configuration is stored in the lookout.sec file, so I think if you replce the one on your computer with the original one, your user account can be reset.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,507 Views)