Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.6 stuck on splash screen

Hello,

I tried starting Lookout 6.6 and I am getting stuck on the splash screen.  This is happening to my server.  I am remotely viewing the computer.  I tried following the below advice from a previous thread and was stopped with error 1061 when restarting.

"Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services, restart/start National Instruments Citadel, National Instruments PSP Server Locator and National Instruments Time Synchronization. If you get error or no response in either service, this may be the issue. When lookout starts, it will wait until several services are started."

My whole system is down because my server isn't running, what can I do to fix this?

Rob M.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,202 Views)

The error received while loading the application is in the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,192 Views)

I have had this happen before when programming using my laptop and a thumbdrive. The DefaultLKP path in the lookout.ini file changes based on what you last saved. if I save it to my thumbdrive by mistake and then eject the drive, by default Lookout will try to open that file. Not being able to get to it it will hang. I close out lookout and go into the lookout.ini file and change the DefaultLKP back to the correct location and it will start up normally. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,986 Views)