From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.6 - No Trends On 6.6 Client or NIMax

Today I upgraded my Lookout computer running my server process file from 6.5 to 6.6. I then upgraded one other computer running development version  (which is also the backup to the server) to 6.6 from 6.5. Now, I am unable to get trends from the server on this machine when i open any of my client files. And, when I go to Max and try to access the database on the server machine (PRIMARY1) by clicking on the + sign next to the 6.6 database, it will not expand. (see attachment)

However, on my laptop that is runnning the development version of 6.5 I have trends on my process files and can access the database on the server from NIMax. Also, I can open these client files on my server computer and I get trends as well.

I have the firewall turned off on all machines and all 3 machines are running Windows 7 SP1.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,769 Views)

I have red x's on all my screens of other clients now, but the trends are still updating.

Can you explain that one?

Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,761 Views)

What causes "connecting,servie lookup failure,disconnected" in Lookout 6.6?

Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,758 Views)

Since I am not getting any responses from NI related to my earlier posts, can someone from NI just tell me when installing Lookout on a computer running Windows 7 are there any guidelines as far as disbaling/enabling certain things in windows 7 (other than the firewall).

I am still having the issue with my clients all being disconnected from my server at random times, and when I restart my server process file I get a "process registration failed" error if I do not stop the lkads service before restarting the server file. I can duplicate this problem over and over again. I have done repair install and full reinstalls - problem still exists. I changed my server computer - problem still exists. All I can figure is bug in Lookout 6.5/6.6 or Windows 7 issue.

I cannot go back to Windows XP so this problem needs to be solved. Any immediate help from NI would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jason Phillips
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,736 Views)

Please email ryan.shi@ni.com directly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,731 Views)

What's the lookout client's version? Lookout client software or web client?

If the client is 6.2, can you try to upgrade it to 6.6 as well?

There is no special install steps for 6.6 on windows 7.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,713 Views)