cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.5 cannot create new user accounts Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am running Lookout 6.5 (Build 49153) on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I also have it installed on my development machine which also is running Windows 7 64 bit. On both machines I cannot create any new user accounts in Lookout. I get an error that says:

Add user operation failed. Check the system drive disk space.

There is a lot of free space on the hard drive so that is not the problem. I am logged in as the Administrator in Lookout and Windows is logged in as the Administrator account. I am guessing there may be a security issue with Windows 7. I tried setting UAC in Windows to off but it did not help.

I also cannot add a password to the default Administrator account in Lookout. I get the following error:

Could not change properties of this user.

I really need to get this fixed ASAP because the operators are having to use the Administrator account without a password to run the system so they have way more rights than they need and can get into edit mode and really cause some damage. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Thank You

Rob Miller

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobMiller2002

Try to run the Lookout in XP compatibility mode. Right click on lookout.exe and open its property, it's on Compatibility tab.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(7,373 Views)

Hi Ryan

That fixed the problem. Any idea as to why this was needed? Thank you for your help!

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,365 Views)

One of our customer found this workaround.

Actually we don't see this problem on our win7 64bit computer.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,353 Views)

Hello

sorry for the bump

I have the same problem with a win7-32bit machine (newly set up, no other apps installed).

Does the workaroud could work for 32 bit system too? Do you have any news?

Too bad... I've decided to buy a 32 machine just not to have to deal with compatibility issues... : - )

Piero

B_N_
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,058 Views)

Have you tried the workaround?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,050 Views)

Yes, I did, and it worked too.