Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 6.5 Client Connections Unreliable

I've posted this before, but had no responses.  We have Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server(s) with Lookout 6.5 running as a server process.  Clients are very sporadic with regards to their connectivity.  Personally, my pc has been connected in the past, but recently has been unable to connect to either of our servers.  We get Red "X"s on values and hypertrends alarm out stating "Failed to open trace \\xxx. The trace may not exist, or it's not logging to a Citadel 5 database", but it does exist and it is logging to a Citadel 5 database.  We have tried the logos.ini fix, but even with that communications still fail.  This does not happen on all computers, and we have had some computers that work and then eventually stop working, or some computers that didn't work and eventually start working.  We do NOT use Windows firewall.  We have Kaspersky AV on computers, but I have seen this on computers without Kaspersky as well.  These servers do NOT have AV on them to simplify debugging of issues like these.  No firewall between the computer client and the servers.  Servers do have NIC teaming enabled and cisco switch the nics are plugged into have link aggregation configured appropriately.  Other network communications through the same name/ip address for the servers seems to work fine.  NI Tag Monitor fails to open process databases when client is demonstrating these problems.

Ran wireshark and found intiially a lot of ip checksum errors.  Disabled IP checksum offload on client and those errors were eliminated, but still the have the same connectivity problem.  With Global.DisableLogosXT=TRUE, I was unable to even browse the servers in Tag Monitor to view the processes.  With Global.DisableLogosXT=FALSE,  I was able to browse the servers and view the processes available, but was unable to browse the process tags.  Tag Monitor errors out with: 

"NI Network Browser Error!"

"Cannot enumerate items in this hierarchy:

Could not set current folder to

\\ADAMS\AutoAck_Alarms

error code - 0x8abc0010

Unknown error 0x8ABC0010

I have filtered wireshark files if NI support wants to look at them.  One file I have is before disabling the IP Checksum Offload on my client's NIC, and the other is after doing that.

Please help, I have been fighting this ever since upgrading 6.5 and "improving" our SCADA infrastructure (which is now looking a little less like an improvement).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,896 Views)

Hello. We are seeing very similar problem after upgrading to 6.6.  Did you ever resolve these issues?  Any information will be appreciated. 

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,380 Views)