Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout 5.0 and 5.1 current support

We have been using NI lookout for several years. We have version 4.01, 4.5, 5.0, and 5.1 running at several locations. I have several questions, but I am not sure if these versions are addresses anymore on the forum. Also, how can I obtan the latest fixes for each of these versions if possible. Thank you for your support and response. MGP64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,389 Views)

We still have 1 or 2 systems using 5.x. They are no longer supported by NI (without an overpriced, useless SSP).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,355 Views)

Thank you for the response. If we upgrade, it would be to 6.7, but that could also bring a pack of challenges. For the most part the systems run well. I am now having problems with connections issues because I have loaded this software on some computers with XP Pro with the latest MS updates. I am finding out that Lookout does not like the XP Pro and the latest versions of updates. My old systems on XP Home that have not been connected to the internet and that have old updates seems to work without these server-client or server to server connection problems.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,351 Views)

All of ours are running all security and service pack updates (IE9, XP Pro SP3) without issue.

What issues are you having?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,349 Views)

One main problem was with a system that we have In Pampa, TX. The computer was replaced with a refurbished HP running XP Pro and maybe updates up to a year ago. This system is run as a Lookout 5.1  server with the development/runtime license. When I connect to it with my laptop, also running a development/runtime license. I bring up a client process.

The client process accesses data from the server. The server handles all of the I/O scanning. If the connection from the laptop and the server computer is broken, (Ethernet cable disconnected), and then reconnected. The laptop will stop updating data. The laptop can be restarted and this may work, but many times once the connection is broken, the laptop cannot link into the system until the server is restarted.

It looks like the link to the server is locked out until the server is restarted.

This problem did not seem to occur with the older computer that was running XP home. It seems to occur after now.

The off site operators use to log into the system via phone line and a 9300 RADES modem from AB. At times when they would loose connection, a restart of their laptop would get them back up. Now this may work once or twice, but then they are locked out until the server would be reset.

I am not on site often, so I do not have any chance to do much troubleshooting. Also, my knowledge of how Lookout works with the computer is limited.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,346 Views)

Does this occur when on the local network/subnet?  Not using remote access or VPN.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Lookout/Hypertrends-and-VPN-connections/m-p/351639/highlight/true#M3624

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,333 Views)

Yes, It was first noticed when logging into the system via a phone modem. We use the AB 9300 RADES unit. We have always experienced an occasions  issue, but thought it was the phone line.

Are systems are a local network and not connected to the outside world through the internet. The only remote access is through the modem.

After a server computer failure we replaced  the computer with one running XP Pro and with current updates as of two years ago. During the computer replacement, I noticed that connect my laptop using into the network would sometimes not have the data updated on my laptop client process. If I disconnected the cable, I would get the red X on all data, but as soon as I connected it back JP they seemed to work, but the data would not be updated.

I could ping the server so I had physical connection, but the data update would not happen..

If the replacement computer that was running as the server was restarted, the connection and data updates would work for a while.

I am not knowledgeable of the interconnections and of the data base structure in Lookout, but it looks like the data bases are loosing synchronization.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,294 Views)

Have you tried disabling Windows Firewall?  (Not likely, but things happen)

Also, are you running the latest version of Logos/Citadel for Lookout 5.1?

http://www.ni.com/download/lookout-developmentrun-time-systems-5.1/501/en/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,272 Views)

Thanks for the response. That is a good idea. I know that in the past we have had to disable the windows firewall because it does strange things. One big disadvantage that I have is that I am in Arkansas and the system is in Texas. I do believe that the firewall was disable.  I will contact the crew and have them check this. Thanks for the response and support.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,269 Views)

Hi Sir,

I am using Lookout 5.0 to connect with directlogic DL 205 CPU via LAN. It working smothly some year ago. last month, the CPU DL 205 was be wrong and have to replace new one. We replace this CPU by CPU D2 260. Then system still working very well but some thing can not, example we can not set value like setpoint from Lookout to software of direct CPU but some other still working well like logic signal. We have tried many time but I can not solve it.

Now we are stop machine for repair and still have problem.

Pls check and help us to solve it or quoted us service online via teamview if you can?

Look forward to got support ASAP.

Thanks for seeing and wait to get respond.

Best regards,

HB Son

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,795 Views)